Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Nelvana's Glory

ROCK & RULE



Here it is. The movie I preordered. It finally arrived. Isn't it glorious !
If you haven't seen this movie, then go out and rent/buy it when it comes out to the rest of the buying public later this summer. The only full length, feature animated film ever made in Canada. A marvel of it's time. A wonder of this time. It survived. Now I've got my copy.



Herez a butt shot for you. Oooooo ! Aaaaaah ! Rare and wonderous ! You may not understand this nonsense from me, but I grew up with this movie. It's part of my life. Some people have Star Wars. Others have Indianna Jones. I have the disease of ROCK & RULE. My friend Kev has the same disease. We can recite most of the movie from memory. Even after all these years.
That's sad. But true. Funny as hell, too.

Save your nickles and dimes and you can own a copy as well.
I have spoken.
s.

4 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Blogger Baroness Von Wolfengeist said...

I saw this recently in DVDs and don't remember ever hearing of it. I can't believe I missed this one. I saw "Heavy Metal", "Rock and Roll High School", "American Pop" or whatever it was called by the guy who did "Fritz the Cat" (saw that one, too), even saw "Roadie" and I don't remember what else. How did I miss this one, especially with Debbie Harry and Lou Reed? hmmmm...

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger PromoGuy said...

Hmm, Is that that one with a character named "Mylar?"

I remember that character as being a sleazy car-salesman type, and of course the name meant something, as I collected comic books and Mylar bags were THE thing back then.

Guess I need to investigate this DVD, I'd hate to miss out on a collectible that recalls my youth (mis-spent though it was)...

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger steve said...

You are thinking of Ralph Bakshi, Miss Daze. He did American Pop, Fritz the Cat, Streetfight (aka coonskin), Lord Of The Rings, Wizards, Heavy Traffic (not to be confused with Heavy Metal) and those hilarious Mighty Mouse cartoons years back on Saturday morning cartoons.

This movie slipped under the radar screen due to, I think, MGM f*cking up. It woulda been HUGE if it had ever got into theaters. But now it has a second chance.
Great music! Great humor! Great animation!
Buy it !
You'll luv it !

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger steve said...

Yes ! Mylar is the owner of a night club where the heroes of the movie are first seen. Marvel comics published a comic book for this movie made entirely from screen shots from the movie. It was awesome, but I lost mine. I was soooooo pissed about that.

Get this movie Promoguy ! Enjoy the madness...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home