Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Explain the Links

COOP
I discovered Coop from Dangermarc (I'll get to him in another post, funny story). Coop has some pretty sharp and clean art work. I've never contacted him since he has a website rather than a blog, but that's ok, I kinda like his work, so I added him. (Plus back then I didn't have a lotta buddy links to add, so any cool sites I could find went here.)
In fact, the only real buddy link blogs I gained after Kev and James actually starts at Janey and works it's way down. The criteria for being added to my blogroll sorta revolves around constant visits/comments and teasing me. That and/or steady email.

Plus it helps to respond to me on your own blog if I come and visit & comment. Feedback on comments is soooooo important ! That's why I always try my best to keep up with replying to all my visitors comments. If you ignore someone, they may get pissed at you (see previous post, Belated Link). Then you have to apologize (and possibly beg them to come back if you like them). Good manners and Nettiquette are essential to a thriving blog. Add some humor. Push some envelopes. Entertain your audience. Interact with the lurkers (you know who you are). And most of all...
Have Fun !

I haven't had any 'Trolls' yet. Trolls are people who come to your site and verbally attack you. They tend to use racial/gender/other slurs and are very hostile. They leave fake emails/urls. And they annoy almost everybody. Just go to MizzKyttie and check out her trouble with Trolls.
Ok, that's enough.
Me shut up now.
:-)

5 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger steve said...

Oh, if I must ! Gawd, do I rilly hafta respond to this ? This is such a chore...
(just kidding) !
Hiya dude ! Luv the color you added to that long haired raven beauty. Did you get any further on that Witch Doctor project ? I'll hafta stop by again soon, just so we can fart around with sketches and drawings. We just never seem to have time anymore. Or maybe I can pop my Rock & Rule dvd in and we can watch the masterpiece one more time ! (yes, it finally came in the mail, I preordered)
We'll work sumpin' out dude...
:-)

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee! So -this- is why I've been getting so many nice comments on my post about Trolls! *laughs* And to any of the mythical kind who live under bridges and just happen to have Internet access, I don't mean -you-, I definitely mean the nastypeople kind. Thank you, Steve, for sending such nice people my way. You rock and I adore you. *MWAH!*

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger steve said...

You're welcome, MizzKyttie ! The mythical Trolls don't feel offended, they like the attention and celebrity. (Trolls have an odd sense of fame...)
You deserve some groovy attention, Kim. You say a lotta important things on your blog. Even Kev (diseasedwits) stopped by there and left you a nice long comment. And he rarely comments anymore!
(BTW, he's a vampire, but only bites Star Puffs and Liccorice)

Oooooo ! Another Kyttie kiss ! I'm blushing again !
:-D

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I used to respond to comments left on my weblog (on an earlier incarnation of my blog) but found that no one came back to read the responses. They just read the new posts. So I stopped doing that cause I felt like I was talking to myself.

Hmmmmm, interesting...

Pat
just pat

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger steve said...

Y'know, I don't know what to tell you Justpat. Maybe some new lurkers will come forward if you tease them out. Just directly address the lurkers, and also post a topic about how you will start responding to visitor comments. It might start somethin' pretty kewl for ya.
Tell em to come back to see what you did for a reply. It might get their attention...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home