Friday, May 20, 2005

DeadMouse



While I was over at Kev's today I spent some time scribbling as he did some freelance business at his computer. Later on he showed me how to work in Vector using Streamline and Illustrator. Cool stuff there, baby. I learned a lot and it makes sense to me now-as before it was kinda fuzzy. He did things that looked like magic, and accomplished it as if it were as easy as turning on a lamp. Complicated yet simple, it's all in how you are introduced to this kind o' technology.
I'm gonna hafta open this software soon and get to work learning it and playing with it and posting experiments from it.

Stay tooned...

6 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Baroness Von Wolfengeist said...

This is fantastic! This was your first in Illustrator? Golllllyyyyy Geeeeeee! I'm sooo impressed.

I tried Illustrator ages ago, but didn't get the hang of it either. Send Kev over here.

btw: is this mouse related to the were-beaver? It looks kinda like a mouse-beaver. Are those little glasses on him? how cute!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger steve said...

Yikes Miss Daze ! I didn't draw this in Illustrator, I did this on a desk while Kev worked with clients. Thanx for the compliment though!
I've messed with Illustrator before but couldn't really understand it for practical uses. It makes soooo much sense now.
The eyebrows are my favorite part of this sketch.
Just go to Kev's blog and drop him an email, he's pretty smart and cool.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the poor little guy. Maybe you just have to clean his ball(s). I just love explaining to unsuspecting people how to clean their mouse.

I do love this. The shadows and you mouse is wearing glasses and the paper clip and I like how your name winds along the wire too.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger steve said...

Please warm up your hands first before handling my mouses balls, Janey. He's kinda sensitive.
Thanx for the wonderful compliments Journey Grrrl !

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger chacha said...

HA!! thats a great sketch. looks like a funny from my sunday paper.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger steve said...

Maybe I'll be as recognized as Jim Davis from 'Garfield' one day, Chacha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home