Monday, March 28, 2005

Hydroloth



This is one of the first color images that I did in photoshop years ago. Another in my Dungeons & Dragons series, this creepy dude is from the Yugoloth outer-plane species of Fiend. I know you probably can't see it due to low jpg upload quality, but I'm rather proud of the eyes. I used multiple spheres of yellow paint touched up with the filter 'paint daubs'. The effect was a honeybee type eye. Kymberlee, James Mathias, and Janey have been dropping hints for me to post more of my junk, so I'm pulling this up for display of what not to do when you work in photoshop. I made a lot of mistakes with this buddy boy. It looks allright but my own critical eye always points out my screwups.
This was long before I started working with layers and filters were still kinda mysterious and new to me. Fun and naughty. ;-)

6 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Kymberlee said...

He looks quite naughty. I like that in a creature. I have to say that I don't know how you could be critical of this. I think it's terrific and I'm delighted that you posted it. Thanks for the linkage. So much better than shrinkage. ;-)

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger steve said...

Oooo, she hits below the belt ! That's a 3 minute penalty. The crowd boo's !
Thanks for the compliment ! Believe me Kymberlee...there are mistakes in there...:-(

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Kymberlee said...

Well I don't see any, so there! :-P I know you've likely learned what you needed to from any that you perceive but I think he's glorious. In particular, I think you capture the essence of your creations very well. Their character, their body language or...I don't know how to describe it I just know it when I see it. I think you have tremendous talent. :-)

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger steve said...

Now I'm blushing AND feeling corrected. Thanks Kymberlee ! You're the best ! We are our own worst enemies. Sometimes I forget that...

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Janey said...

Blushing huh? Well that's pink which reminds me of all those comments you left on my blog. You drew (digitally) this and you think my guys are alittle scarey? As for the comments, let me address them individually here: 1) Pink - I understand that (though it's actually Magenta) 2) Yellow - Maybe it's time to see a doctor about that little problem (one of those guy doctors) 3) The eyes following you - I agree and now I can't look at those faces without seeing that too (thanks alot) 4) The desk - If that's what your desk looks like watch the style channel 5) The little guy's frontal lobe - He doesn't have one. And finally I quite agree with Kymberlee, linkage is far better then shrinkage. Just ask Twig and Berries. Oh and a few more things - I really like your blog and your work and your comments and hints on drawing. I glad I met you (in the internet world that is);>

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Janey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home